Journal is small/miniature works show; SQUARE, OVAL, RECTANGE, ETC. Works will not exceed 20” in any direction. Work doesn’t have to be framed but must be presented in a professional manner and be ready to hang. This exhibition is open to all mediums, but will need to be able to hang in the hallway. LET YOUR CREATIVITY FLOW!
Application deadline: May 1st at midnight No Jury. Once pay you are in the show.
Application fee & hanging fee: $15.00 Per artwork you want to submit
- Art Drop off: May 21st and May 22nd from 9am to 5pm
- 1st Friday Art Show Reception: June 1st from 5pm to 8pm
- Art pick up August 6th and 7th from 9am to 5pm
Drop off Information
Lakeside Arts Park at the Dole
attn: Patty Bell
401 Country Club Road, Crystal Lake, IL 60014
- Accepted Art Drop off: May 21s and May 22nd at Lakeside Arts Park at the Dole 10am-4pm (* if mailing, please see instructions below for mailing delivery date)
- *Mailing Delivery Date: work needs to be received between May 21st and May 22nd
- The Dole Mansion and Lakeside Arts Park date back to 1865 and 1922.
- The Dole Gallery is located on the main floor of the 1865 mansion. This gallery utilizes the Walker hanging system and no nails may be used.
- Lakeside is well-established within the Chicagoland gallery scene. On an annual basis, Lakeside works with a range of artists, from local to international.
- Northwest Herald’s “Best of the Fox” voted Lakeside “Best Gallery” in 2015 – 2017
- Lakeside Legacy Foundation is a 501(c)3 charitable organization dedicated to historic preservation and is a community arts park
- All works must be hand-delivered to Lakeside at 401 Country Club Road, Crystal Lake, IL 60014. (Shipping can be arranged and the cost to ship to and from plus insurance on the shipment is the responsibility of the artist.)
- Artwork must be professionally presented and ready to install. Prepared work must be framed and wired (no saw tooth).
- Lakeside reserves the right to reject any artwork that is deemed unsuitable including but not exclusive of: work not ready to hang, unprofessional presentation, concern for the condition of the piece, and work that was misrepresented in the initial jpg.
- Substitutions of artwork are not allowed.
- All work that is for sale will be subject to a 10% commission if sold. Artists must submit a W9 form before any sales checks will be issued. If not for sale, a title card must be included that states the work is not for sale or is part of a private collection.
- Accepted artists must provide a price sheet that includes the title of the piece, size, and cost, including the 10% commission fee. Sales tax is added to the final price of the art and Lakeside will facilitate all art sales.
- Artists are encouraged to attend the First Friday exhibit from 5pm-8pm, co-market the event, and if unable to attend send a representative to the art show.
- Artists must sign a hold harmless form that outlines exhibit specific information, fees, guidelines, and details about the First Friday exhibit and installation and art take-down. This information will be sent to artists upon acceptance.
- Artist to accept full and total responsibility for all items/entries and agree to hold harmless the Lakeside Legacy Foundation, its officers, directors, sponsors, patrons, tenants, volunteers and its individual members from any liability or responsibility for any damage or loss to person or any and all artwork submitted by the artist and so exhibited or in any way connected with the First Friday exhibit or the timeframe the work is on display.
- USE OF NAME APPROVAL: Artist must submit, prior to use, proofs for any/all materials where the Lakeside Legacy name and/or logo is used to market artist show, exhibit, art sales of First Friday Exhibit. Lakeside Legacy will supply digital art and strict guidelines for its use, upon request.
- If artwork is not picked up by the agreed upon date a $15 storage fee will be assessed; after 30 days the work will become the property of Lakeside Legacy Foundation.
- Accepted artists are expected to promote the art show and exhibition along with Lakeside.
- After First Friday, artwork can be viewed and purchased Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm.
I have read the rules governing the Lakeside Legacy Foundation First Friday exhibit and gallery exhibit submission and I understand and agree to abide by these rules. I release the Lakeside Legacy Foundation, its representatives or agents, volunteers, donors, staff, board of directors, patrons and the city of Crystal Lake from any liability whatsoever for loss, damage, theft or defacement of any property displayed or used in connection with my display at the December exhibit and First Friday Exhibit, nor will I be a party to any legal action against the Lakeside Legacy Foundation, its representatives or agents. I understand and agree to abide by these rules. I release the Lakeside Legacy Foundation, its representatives or agents, volunteers, donors, staff, the board of directors, patrons and the City of Crystal Lake. If accepted, I give permission for my images to be used in digital and printed publicity.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.