1st Friday Art Show at the Dole was voted 2014 – 2018 ‘one of the Best’ Galleries in McHenry County by the Northwest Herald Readers’ Choice Awards!
Galleries: Sage, Dole & Installation Gallery
Call for Artists – Niveous (i.e. “snowy”) Gift is a group fine art exhibition that unites artists who wish to explore art inspired by the many months of winter. Artists from across the country are invited to fill Lakeside Arts Park at the Dole with paintings, sculptures and fine art creations which examine the beauty found in the wonderland of ice and cold, changing what was once perceived as cold and frigid into something beautiful and filled with life.
- Deadline for Submissions: October 15, 2018
- Application fee: $30.00 per 3 pieces
2019 Call for Artists
Solo and groups are encouraged to apply.
Six months are available for gallery exhibits.
Lakeside Arts Park at the Dole holds a 1st Friday Art Show on the first Friday of the month from 5:00 – 8:00pm. We invite the community, including the suburbs and all of Chicagoland, to enjoy a fabulous evening in the Sage and Dole galleries. Guests can view and purchase art, enjoy music, light fare, cash bar, and tour the historic Dole Mansion. These openings are family friendly and all are encouraged to attend.
The galleries include the expansive Sage Gallery, the intimate Dole Gallery, and the unique installation spaces in the second and third floor Dole Galleries. Lakeside Arts Park at the Dole showcases local, national, and international artists. We welcome proposals from artists, scholars, and curators employing any or all media, including video and installation.
For more information on submitting exhibit proposals, contact Patty Bell, Marketing & Gallery Coordinator at 815-455-8000 or email her at Pbell@LakesideArtsPark.org.
The Lakeside Arts Park at the Dole galleries welcome proposals from scholars, artists, and curators in all media.
Tips to Show Your Work
Expedite the review of these submissions by ensuring that your artist proposal is as complete as possible.
- Application form
- Artist statements
- CV or resume for all parties involved in the proposed show
- Upon acceptance, artist(s) will be required to complete Hold Harmless Agreement and Contract.
- One page proposal for body of work or specific exhibition plan
- If the exhibit has been shown before, please include the dates and places of prior exhibitions in the proposal. Include a title and/or theme of your exhibition. If possible state the specific media and number of pieces intended to exhibit.
- Only complete packages will be reviewed by the jury.
- If accepted, artwork will be hung the Monday before the 1st Friday Art Show of the month. The artwork will be removed the last Friday of each month.
- Up to four installations will be considered for the 2nd & 3rd floor Dole galleries.
For more information contact Patty Bell, Marketing & Gallery Coordinator at 815-455-8000 or email her at Pbell@LakesideArtsPark.org.